On the 24th April, the second edition of the Networking Night: CYBERSECURITY MADE IN EUROPE will take place as a side event of RSA Conference in San Francisco, United States. The event will provide an opportunity to meet more than 30 leading European cybersecurity start-ups and scale-ups.
Organised by the European Cyber Security Organisation (ECSO), in cooperation with Welsh Government and its Cyber Innovation Hub, Embassy of the Republic of Poland in Washington D.C., Polish Cybersecurity Cluster #CyberMadeInPoland, Consulate General of The Netherlands in San Francisco, Spanish National Cybersecurity Institute (INCIBE), Business Finland and Finnish Information Security Cluster (FISC), it will be a truly European gathering.
The invitation-only event will gather more than 200 cybersecurity stakeholders, including leading European founders, US-based buyers and investors, European investors, industry leaders and ecosystem representatives.
This will provide a unique opportunity to:
- Meet the European and US-based cybersecurity stakeholders, including CEOs, CTOs, CISOs, Founders and ecosystem representatives
- Build strategic partnerships with US and European market leaders
- Strengthen visibility of your brand among key players from the EU and US cybersecurity ecosystem
- Present your knowledge and expertise on cybersecurity to other stakeholders during the event
Preliminary agenda (PST Time Zone):
- 18:30 – 19:00 – Arrival & Registration
- 19:00 – 19:15 PM – Welcoming by European delegations
- 19:15 – 19:45 PM – Fireside chat:
- Moderator: Prof. Pete Burnap, Cardiff University
- Gerhard Eschelbeck, Chief Security Officer, Kodiak Robotics
- Mikko Hyppönen, Chief Technology Officer, WithSecure
- 19:45 – 21:30 PM – Networking
Start-up and scale-up selection model
Each co-organising partner have the right to invite start-ups and scale-ups from their respective ecosystems that meet the selection requirements. ECSO, as a European cybersecurity industry association, invites qualified start-ups/scale-ups from the countries to ensure a European-wide inclusion. To ensure the quality and the readiness of the European start-ups and scale-ups, the companies are pre-screened according to the following criteria.
The start-ups and scale-ups must have demonstrated their European origins:
- European-based: Company is a legal entity, headquartered in Europe. If company is a part of a group, then the group headquarters must be registered in Europe.
- European ownership: Company has no major ownership/control from the outside Europe. It can be asked to declare ownership structure, majority stakes.
- European-oriented business: Company has a core of staff in Europe and a desire to invest in their European home economy (e.g. jobs, supply chain, innovation etc).
The start-ups and scale-ups must have demonstrated the following levels of maturity:
- Funding stage: Company has successfully secured sufficient funding, Seed or Series A, to fund initial growth of activity in the US and other International markets.
- Customer base: Company proved that the market for its product exists and has the established sales channels.
- Established team: Company has an experienced and skillset diverse team capable of executing business plans and serving customers.
About RSA Conference
RSA Conference™ (RSAC) is the premier series of global events and year-round learning for the cybersecurity community. RSAC is where the security industry converges to discuss current and future concerns and have access to the experts, unbiased content and ideas that help enable individuals and companies advance their cybersecurity posture and build stronger and smarter teams. Both in-person and online, RSAC brings the cybersecurity industry together and empowers the collective “we” to stand against cyberthreats around the world. RSAC is the ultimate marketplace for the latest technologies and hands-on educational opportunities that help industry professionals discover how to make their companies more secure while showcasing the most enterprising, influential and thought-provoking thinkers and leaders in cybersecurity today. For the most up-to-date news pertaining to the cybersecurity industry visit www.rsaconference.com. Where the world talks security.
RSAC, gathering key cybersecurity decision-makers and industry players from across the globe, provides a unique window of opportunity to promote European cybersecurity start-ups and SMEs, raise awareness of the plans to create a European Cybersecurity Investment Platform (ECIP) and thus attract international investors to Europe.
For more information and/or inquiries, please contact Milda Kaklauskaitė, ECSO’s Senior Policy Manager, at milda.kaklauskaite(at)ecs-org.eu.