The CEC will allow CISOs from all companies and EU countries to exchange lessons learned and best practices, share information on operational issues, develop positions and/or link with the ISACs and the European institutions, through regular networking and meetings on specific issues. Membership is open for free to ECSO members’ CISOs, but also to non-ECSO members CISOs on an ad personam level although non-ECSO members’ CISOs will have limited/restricted rights and an annual participation with a limited fee.
- Interaction with EU Institutions on policy and legislative priorities (e.g. NIS 2)
- Link with EC initiatives, incl. Joint Cyber Unit for NIS 2 and NIS Coordination Group
- Networking of CISOs across sectors and countries
- Risk Management & Threat Information Coordination - amber level
- Cooperation with / development of efficient and trusted ISACs at EU level
- Other operational or policy initiatives from CISOs need
On June 7th, the CISOs European Community (CEC) was officially launched during a special webinar organised by ECSO. This event was a key opportunity to discuss what are the challenges CISOs encounter? What are their limitations? How do CISOs perceive and prioritise cyber-threats? What roles and responsibilities do CISOs hold inside their companies? How do CISOs approach certification in cybersecurity?
More information about this special webinar available here.