WG6: SRIA and Cyber Security Technologies
ECSO defines the R&I roadmap in cyber security to strengthen the EU eco-system by understanding and coordinating the challenges towards digitalisation of the industrial sectors and develop a coherent strategy with other cPPP and EU initiatives.
- 12/2020, WG6 MEMBERS - Input to the Horizon Europe Programme 2021-2027: Priorities for the definition of a Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda in Cybersecurity (download file)
- 12/2020, WG6 MEMBERS - Input to the Digital Europe Programme 2021-2027: Priorities for supporting the implementation of policy, technology, competitiveness, and competence-building (download file)
- 6/2017, WG6 MEMBERS - Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda (download file)
The working group focuses on the following objectives:
- Support cPPP implementation, supervising results and expectations from European Commission and H2020 cybersecurity projects
- Coordination of cybersecurity activities across cPPPs, CCN Pilots and other EU Initiatives
- Suggestions for the H2020 Work Programme and the future Horizon Europe and Digital Europe Programme
- Synergies Cybersecurity for dual use technologies
1. Synergies Cybersecurity for dual use technologies
IMPACT: Understand interests to link with future EC activities and organisations. Maximise impact of R&I investments in cyber security technologies to manage hybrid threats.
2. Technical papers on Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Blockchain (by end 2019)
IMPACT: Better cooperation with other cPPPs
3. Coordination with other PPPs, JUs, Pilots on Competence Centres, EC projects and other initiatives
IMPACT: Monitor the evolution of the cybersecurity ecosystem, understand the gaps, and better cover needs; “Cybersecurity as a glue”: federate the discussions on cybersecurity challenges
4. Scenarios and priorities for Horizon Europe (ECSO 2020-2027 “vision of the future”): Society and Citizen (social good); Data and Economy; Basic and Disruptive Technologies; Digital Transformation in Verticals.
IMPACT: Advocate for future priorities for HEU and DEP
5. Strategic Research and Innovation Agenda for 2017-2020 R&I priorities.
IMPACT: Comply with cPPP commitments. Good fit between SRIA and WP2018-2020 and well aligned in terms of research priorities
The working group chairs are Fabio Martinelli (CNR - Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche), Fabio Cocurullo (LEONARDO COMPANY), Volkmar Lotz (SAP)
The working group is segmented into the following sub-working groups:
- SWG6.1: Ecosystem — Chairs: F-SECURE Corporation, TECNALIA - Fundación Tecnalia Research & Innovation, CERTH/ITI - Centre for Research and Technology Hellas/Information Technologies Institute
- SWG6.2: Digital Transformation in Verticals — Chairs: AIRBUS Defence & Space, ATOS, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica
- SWG6.3: Data & Economy — Chairs: FORTH - Foundation for Research and Technology - Hellas, IMT - Institut Mines-Télécom, Yes We Hack
- SWG6.4: Basic & Disruptive Technologies — Chairs: CEA - Commissariat à l'Energie Atomique et aux Energies Alternatives, Fraunhofer-Gesellschaft, UMA - University of Malaga
- SWG6.5: Cybersecurity for Dual Use Technologies — Chairs: CyberServices, AIRBUS Defence & Space, GT Cybertech