Discover our working group
ECSO WG5 aims to contribute towards a cybersecurity capability and capacity-building effort for a cyber resilient next generation (NextGen) digital Europe, through increased education, professional training, skills development, as well as actions on awareness-raising, expertise-building and gender inclusiveness.
Mission & Objectives
The working group focuses on the following issues:
- Education & skills: Skills verification, minimum curricula and industry cooperation (universities), Youth4Cyber (education modules ages 6-26), including the most appropriate tools and learning methods to develop applicable capability, such as cyber ranges.
- Training/operational competences: EHR4CYBER (HR/jobs), building up a cybersecurity training and exercise ecosystem, as well as a European Cyber Range Community.
- Awareness/cyber hygiene/gender inclusiveness: Women4Cyber Foundation's national chapters, role model campaigns, etc., collaboration on awareness campaigns with EU institutions/Agencies; etc.
- Human factors: Link with citizens and civil society on aspects related to ethics, privacy, awareness, fight against cyber-crime, and societal impact.
- Gather the cyber range community and showcase cyber ranges in Europe through a Call to Action and the organisation of workshops for different target groups.
- University/Higher Education level: Develop minimum curricula guidelines for cybersecurity courses for university, higher education and professional training providers.
- School level: Implement Youth4Cyber modules at national level with the support of Members. International cooperation with ITU is under discussion.
- Advocate skills verification through the "Top 10 abilities" initiative (which skills are needed for specific tasks or scenarios) and contribute to the development of a European cybersecurity skills framework (ENISA ad-hoc WG).
- Support HR/recruitment efforts in cybersecurity and work on implementing a job/competence platform.
- Transversal activity linked to wider marketing/communications effort: Raise awareness on basic cyber hygiene & cybersecurity solutions (through ECSO's Awareness Calendar) and support EU and Members’ awareness initiatives.
Initiatives launched by ECSO
The European Cyber Security Organisation’s (ECSO) Youth4Cyber initiative is aimed at educating and raising the awareness...Read more
Cybersecurity Awareness Calendar
Our Awareness Calendar provides some basic facts on selected subjects as well as associated solutions, services, courses...Read more
European Cyber Range Community
In March 2020, ECSO conducted a deep-dive analysis on how to better understand, define and differentiate Cyber Ranges.Th...Read more
Unlike many digital awareness initiatives for women, focusing on a wide-ranging ICT sector, our initiative targets the i...Read more
Participation to the 'No More Ransom' campaign powered by Europol/EC3
No More Ransom is an initiative to help victims of ransomware retrieve their encrypted data without having to pay to the...Read more