WG5: Education, awareness, training, cyber ranges
Misson & Objectives
The working group focuses on the following issues:
- Increase education and skills on cybersecurity products and safe use of IT tools in Member States for citizens' individual and professionals.
- Cybersecurity training and exercise ecosystem leveraging upon cyber range environments
- Awareness-raising and basic hygiene skills
The working group chairs are Kusti Salm from the ESTONIAN MINISTRY OF DEFENCE, Mauro Brignoli from VITROCISET and Paresh Rathod from LAUREA
The working group is segmented into the following sub-working groups:
- SWG5.1 Cyber range environments and technical exercises - Chairs: Estonian Ministry of Defence, CYBER SERVICES and GUARDTIME
- SWG5.2: Education and professional training - Chairs: TTU-EST and VISIONWARE
- SWG5.3: Awareness - Chairs: APWG, NOKIA and VITROCISET
ECSO joins ‘No More Ransom’ campaign by Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3)
ECSO is a Supporting Partner for the ‘No More Ransom’ campaign, launched in 2016 by Europol’s European Cybercrime Centre (EC3), in cooperation with the National High Tech Crime Unit of the Netherlands’ police, Kaspersky Lab and Intel Security. The campaign aims to assist victims in the recovery of their encrypted files without paying a ransom, provide advice, and raise awareness of the problem of ransomware in the public arena. ‘No More Ransom’ has its own dedicated portal which provides information about the ransomware attacks, as well as decryption tools for infected systems. More information about the campaign and ransomware solutions can be found HERE.
- 3/2018, WG5 - Position Paper: Education and Professional Training (download file)