WG2: Market Deployment, Investments and International Collaboration
This Working Group brings together cybersecurity market players covering the entire value chain. Together they contribute to cybersecurity market consolidation, promotion of products & services available in the EU market and investigate business opportunities with international partners.
- Develop and maintain a view on the Cybersecurity Industry in Europe as a whole: support ECSO members to improve their market knowledge (products, suppliers, but also cyber security insurance solutions)
- Design and facilitate innovative private and public investment capabilities: facilitate to understand the dynamics of the market and create a community of investors, brokers and supporting industries.
- Support international trade: establish dialogue with main trade partners (US, China, Brazil and Japan) and initialising dialogue with developing countries
- Common taxonomy based upon NIST taxonomy (already tested and validated in ECSO activities): One common language for concrete actions and visibility
- ECSO Cybersecurity Market Radar (mapping more than 700 EU companies at national and regional level - based on the ECSO Common taxonomy for European based cybersecurity products, suppliers, service providers and consultancy offerings. IMPACT: Increased visibility of SMEs and large companies, tool for qualitative market analysis
- Cooperation with EU Investors towards an EU Cybersecurity Investment Fund IMPACT: Increase and focus investments on EU companies/solutions
- International cooperation: Dialogue with Japan (EU certification, Public-Private Partnership approach) and other Third Countries on a case by case basis. IMPACT: Identification of synergies and cooperation with Third Countries, promotion of EU Technology and competence at international level.
The Working Group chairs are:
- David Ofer (iTrust),
- Peter Rost (Secunet security networks AG)
- Ulrich Sedeslachts (LSEC)
The working group is segmented into sub-working groups as followed:
SWG 2.1 Market knowledge - Chairs: Secunet Security Network AG and LSEC
SWG 2.2 Investments and innovative business models - Chairs: Orange Digital Ventures, LSEC and Sonae IM/S21Sec
SWG 2.3 International cooperation, global competitiveness and support to export - Chairs: Basque Cybersecurity Centre, Detack and CINI
Cybersecurity Investment Platform (Fund of Funds)
- Stimulating the emergence of new pan-European specialised cybersecurity funds to enable the launch of specialised European investment projects.
- Providing a focus on Series-A and growth stage companies to offer a level playing field for early stage companies which currently constitute the majority of investments in Europe.
- Creating a more specialised investment capacity to attract large international “limited partners” on the European market.
- Leveraging the Smart Specialisation Platform Cybersecurity Smart Regions to widen the deployment of an inter-regional acceleration programme and trigger large business-technology partnerships.
- Supporting the creation of the synergies in relevant R&D&I funding schemes across Europe.
- Ace Management, France
- Adara Ventures, Spain
- eCAPITAL ENTREPRENEURIAL PARTNERS AG, Germany
- KPN Ventures, The Netherlands
- P101, Italy
- Primomiglio, Italy
- TIIN Capital, The Netherlands
- Vendep Capital, Finland